St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge, operated by the U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, was established in 1931 and is one of the oldest units of the refuge system.
The refuge lies along the Gulf of Mexico in northwestern Florida and is comprised of 65,000 acres of land, including 17,800 acres of wilderness, and 31,500 acres of water in the Apalachee Bay. The refuge is host to over 200,000 visitors annually, including many school, civic, church and nature groups.
This non-profit association was incorporated in April 1987 in order to work with the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge and other interested parties to help promote better understanding, appreciation, and conservation of the natural history of the St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge.
Finances generated through membership fees and the sales of books and other educational items through the refuge bookstore fund association projects. Our activities include upkeep of hiking trails, establishment of new trails, trail leaflets, guides to wildflowers, birds, and wildlife found on the refuge, and the scheduling of special events, educational programs, and guided tours of the Refuge.
Members are entitled to a discount on items purchased through the bookstore. Association members may also wish to volunteer to help with refuge activities.
St. Marks Refuge Association memberships and donations are tax-deductible.
Print the membership application and mail with check to:
St. Marks Refuge Association, Inc.
P.O. Box 368
St. Marks, FL 32355
For credit card purchase of memberships, or if you have questions, please call the St. Marks Wildlife Refuge Nature Store at (850)925-6121.
Volunteer hours are reported using the Record of Volunteer Hours form.
2008 Annual Meeting